Free bus transportation services are provided by your child’s School District of Residence based on the address on file with our school that matches your Proof of Residency documentation (provided each year during re-enrollment). Per district policy, eligibility for transportation services may be limited to a specific radius surrounding the location of the school.
Scroll down to read specific information for your District of Residence. If your District of Residence is different than what is listed below, please contact the ACCEL Schools Transportation Department to inquire if your student is eligible to receive another form of transportation service:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Call: (216) 583-5230 and press 4 to speak with a Transportation Coordinator
AKRON PUBLIC SCHOOLS (APS) DISTRICT
If your child resides within the Akron Public Schools (APS) district, transportation eligibility is based on the distance from your child’s home residence to the school.
- K-8 Grade students must live 2 or more miles from campus to receive yellow bus service.
- K-8 Grade students who live less than 2 miles from campus should contact the school office for information on transportation options.
- K-8 Grade students with a home residence calculated by Akron Public Schools as 30+ minutes from campus are ineligible for yellow bus service and payment options (such as RTA).
How to Apply for APS Transportation Services:
- Register or re-enroll your student with the school office. At time of registration, complete a Request for Transportation form (RFT). The address on the form must match the address on file with the school and be verified by a Proof of Residence (POR) document that is less than 60 days old. Each student’s birth certificate must also be included with the application. Please be sure to write in “Case Preparatory Academy” on the line marked “Other.”
- The school office will submit your request to Akron Public Schools for processing. (You may also mail the form directly to the district at the address on the form.) The district will verify residence before routing the student, and the student will receive routing information and service start date by mail before the start of school.
- You must complete your Request for Transportation at least 4 weeks prior to the beginning of the school year in order to make sure you have transportation service when school starts. Late requests may cause a delay of 10-15 business days in processing transportation service when school starts.
For bus routes and other information from Akron Public Schools, contact the APS Transportation Department:
- Visit: Akron Public Schools Transportation Department
- Call: (330) 773-4222