Here at Case Prep we ALL read! Reading is the key to Success. We have developed some activities to promote a strong reading culture in our building.
- Every class will have sustained silent reading every day
- Students will carry a book throughout the day including at lunch and specials
- Teachers and Staff will also carry a book all day
- Teachers and Staff will hang the attached sheet outside the classroom to identify what they are reading
- Students will also have the opportunity to share what they are reading with their teachers and peers. This could be partner sharing, small group discussions, and whole group activities
- We will be having 2 book fairs. One in the Fall and one in the Spring
- We are starting Book-It with Pizza Hut
- Teachers will send home book club magazines to order books for home.